Hi everyone!
I just wanted to thank you in advance for joining me on my South African adventure. When I was in the seventh grade, I woke up early one Sunday morning to watch Nelson Mandela walk to freedom and forgive his jailers. That moment left an indelible impression on my life, and I knew I would one day walk upon the same ground as did that great man. This trip is the culmination of 17 years of dreaming, thinking, and doing. I am so excited to be on my way!
Over the next 7 weeks, I will have to navigate the treacherous seas of swine flu, 15-hour flights, jet lag, foreign food, street crime, and the dreaded communal bathroom. Just kidding, folks. I feel humbled and truly blessed to be on this trip. I hope you all will enjoy my posts (almost) as much as I enjoy my trip.
(Hi Mom and Dad!)
Very truly yours,
Kareema
PS: Good luck to all of you who are preparing for the Bar exam (wherever you are). I hope my travel journal is suitable break time reading. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you all!
Monday, May 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your description of this blog and I look forward to the adventure.
ReplyDeleteKareema Beema:
ReplyDeleteI checked out the blog to make sure that everything is thus far going okay with your study abroad trip. I am glad to see that you are having great (and entertaining) experiences so far.
Please start acting like a tourist and start taking pictures. You know that I am looking forward to living through your experience via pictures. And yes, I am still demanding that you go on a safari before you trip is over. Love you bunches!
I haven't been there but I can just imagine how amazing this trip must be. Let alone to see lot of Blacks with no jobs, the culture, the food, mannerism - the whole nine yards. Very interesting. Yes, pictures too.
ReplyDeletePat