Monday, July 13, 2009

Home again

Well, I've been in the States for several days now, and I feel the way I often do when I return from a trip overseas. A little relieved, a little sad, and a little more focused. I had an amazing summer -- I learned more than I've learned in all three years of law school combined (sorry, profs); I made new friends; had life-changing experiences; and paved the way for various future opportunities (should I decide to return to Africa). Oh, and I might have found a home for my currently homeless law review note: in a South African journal -- where she belongs. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks for tuning in, everyone. I'm currently in the process of producing and editing a slide show of pictures from my South African adventure, which I will hopefully post here within a few weeks. I've had to hit the ground running upon my return to the States -- there are jobs, fellowships, clerkships, and LL.M. programs for which I must apply; a major life decision I had to make; sick family members I had to visit; and a new school year (my last for a while) to begin. So -- the slide show will take some time. Check back from time to time. It will be worth it.

Best regards,
Kareema

No comments:

Post a Comment